- •Nitrous-oxide pioneer G. Q. Colton founded Manhattan's Colton Dental Association (1863)
- •To supplement income, Colton sold his dentifrice Dr Colton's Vegetable Dentonic by 1877
- •An 1877 trade card depicted a gentleman and pairs of ladies and cherubs with Dentonic
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Gardner Quincy Colton: pioneer of nitrous oxide anesthesia.Anesth Analg. 1991; 72: 382-391
- The 2016 Lewis H. Wright Memorial Lecture: America's doctor anaesthetists (1862-1936)—turning a tide of asphyxiating waves.J Anesth Hist. 2017; 3: 12-18https://doi.org/10.1016/j.janh.2016.12.001
- Picturing “Dr. Colton” at the Cooper Institute: his honorific doctorate.Anesthesiology. 2017; 127: 743https://doi.org/10.1097/ALN.0000000000001902
- Awnings before yawnings: advertising anesthetic stupor at “the Cooper.”.Anesthesiology. 2017; 127: 746https://doi.org/10.1097/ALN.0000000000001903
- N Y Times. October 13, 1877; ([advertisement]): 5
- A first of many: anesthesia's debut at the US' first world's fair.J Anesth Hist. Apr 2015; 1: 59https://doi.org/10.1016/j.janh.2015.04.002
- Off Gaz US Pat Off. June 27, 1876; 9: 1197