- •The battle of Kohima marked a turning point in WWII in Asia.
- •General Slim turned a demoralized army into one prepared for victory.
- •The staffing and equipment of military anaesthetists was upgraded during this period.
- •Medical staff treated the wounded under ever deteriorating conditions.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The Kohima Memorial plinth.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kohima_War_Cemetery#/media/File:Kohima_War_Cemetery,_Kohima,_Nagaland_(89).jpeg
- India's War—The Making of Modern South Asia 1939–1945.Allen Lane, 2016
- Raina B.L. Official History of the Indian Armed Services Medical Services in the Second World War, 1939-45: Medicine, Science and Pathology. Combined Inter-Services Historical Section, India and Pakistan, New Delhi1955
- Medicine & Victory—British Military Medicine in the Second World War.Oxford University Press, 2004
- A forgotten long march: the Indian exodus from Burma, 1942.J Southeast Asian Stud. 1975; 6 ([JSTOR]): 1-15
- Air supply operations in the China-Burma-India theatre between 1942 and 1945.(Master's thesis) U.S. Army Command and General Staff College, 2010
- Defeat into Victory.Cassell, 1956
Report by the Adjutant-General on his tour of the Middle East, India and W Africa. Adam papers 3/6/1. Liddell Hart Centre for Military Archives, 1942.
- Uncle Bill: The Authorised Biography of Field Marshal Viscount Slim.Weidenfeld & Nicolson, 2013
- On the Psychology of Military Incompetence.Jonathan Cape Limited, 1976
- Medicine and the culture of command: the case of malaria control in the British Army during the two world wars.Med Hist. 1996; 40: 437-452
- Road of Bones.Harper Press, 2010
- Arnhem Doctor.Orbis Publishing Limited, UK1981
Medical Directorate, India Command, Technical Instruction No. 41.
Medical Directorate, India Command, IAO 384/1943—Administration of Anaesthesia.
Proceedings of the Royal Society of Medicine, Section of Anaesthetics, 39, 396.
- Account by ADMS, 7th India Division, of Attack on MDS (7/8 February 1944).in: Battle of the Box. Ian Allan Ltd., London1979
- Golden Arrow: The Story of the 7th Indian Division in the Second World War 1939-1945.Gale and Polden Ltd., Aldershot1952
- 75th Indian Field Ambulance War Diary. April 4th-20th 1944
- Burma Victory Imphal and Kohima March 1944 to May 1945.Cassell, 1992
- The Campaign in Burma. Central Office of Information, HMSO, London1946
- Anaerobic cellulitis and gas gangrene.Br Med J. 1941 Aug 16; 2: 217-221
- Not Ordinary Men, the Story of the Battle of Kohima.Leo Cooper, London1994
- Lancet. 1944 August 5; 244: 194