- •Rutherford B. Hayes was a lawyer, Union general, politician, and educator.
- •Samuel J. Hayes was a preacher, educator, dentist-anesthetist, and editor.
- •Editor Albert H. Beitch recorded barbers' confusion of SJ Hayes for RB Hayes.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Rutherford B. Hayes, educator.Mississippi Valley Hist Rev. 1952; 39: 45-60
- Hayes: in war and in peace.Am Bar Assoc J. 1943; 29: 435-436, 474
- America's first patented series of bubble-through anesthetic vaporizers- Reverend Samuel J. Hayes' sermons against asphyxial anesthesia.Anesthesiology. 2009; 110: 12-21
- “Masters of Anaesthesia”: M.S.A. degrees during the 1893 World's Fair from Chicago's Post-graduate School of Anaesthesia.Anesthesiology. 2014; 120: 42-49https://doi.org/10.1097/01.anes.0000435636.42332.35
- Betch dies suddenly in the South. The Pittsburg [sic].Press, December 13, 1911: 20
- (Beitch AH.)Not President Hayes. The Pittsburg [sic]. Press, September 27, 1908: 12
- Pittsburgh Weekly Gazette. February 10, 1877; : 4
- The Pittsburgh dispatch.October. 1891; 14: 7
The publication of this number…has been delayed unavoidably on account of the type-setters strike…. Dent Surg Microcosm. 1891;1(2):123. [originally misprinted as page 63]